The standard features of ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver (MAPDL sover) can be extended and customized using ANSYS User Programmable Features (UPFs), allowing us to write routines or subroutines in C, C++, or Fortran and use them for your user-specific simulation tasks.
UPFs allow us to customize the ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver to your needs, which may be a user-defined material law option, your own element type, or custom failure criterion for layered elements (composites).
Using ANSYS UPFs we have developed user-defined material model for Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC).
- definition of your own element types (user-defined elements)
- definition of material models with user- defined plasticity, damage or softening material laws
- custom routines for user-defined contact interfacial behaviors
- user real constant and thicknesses
- user failure criteria for the layered elements